- Georgios Pierris and Torbjørn S. Dahl, Learning Robot Control based on a Computational Model of Infant Cognition. In the IEEE Transactions on Cognitive and Developmental Systems, accepted for publication, 2016.
- Georgios Pierris and Torbjørn S. Dahl, Humanoid Tactile Gesture Production using a Hierarchical SOM-based Encoding. In the IEEE Transactions on Autonomous Mental Development, 6(2):153-167, 2014.
- Georgios Pierris and Torbjørn S. Dahl, A Developmental Perspective on Humanoid Skill Learning using a Hierarchical SOM-based Encoding. In the Proceedings of the 2014 International Joint Conference on Neural Networks (IJCNN'14), pp708-715, Beijing, China, July 6-11, 2014.
- Torbjørn S. Dahl, Hierarchical Traces for Reduced NSM Memory Requirements. In the Proceedings of the BCS SGAI International Conference on Artificial Intelligence, pp165-178, Cambridge, UK, December 14-16, 2010.
- Daan Wierstra, Alexander Forster, Jan Peters and Jurgen Schmidhuber, Recurrent Policy Gradients. In Logic Journal of IGPL, 18:620-634, 2010. [pdf from IDSIA]
- Andrew G. Barto and Sridhar Mahadevan, Recent advances in hierarchical reinforcement learning, Discrete Event Dynamic Systems, 13(4):341-379, 2003. [pdf from Citeseer]
- Harold H. Chaput and Benjamin Kuipers and Risto Miikkulainenn Constructivist learning: A neural implementation of the schema mechanism. In the Proceedings of the Workshop on Self-Organizing Maps (WSOM03), Kitakyushu, Japan, 2003. [pdf from Citeseer]
- Leslie B. Cohen, Harold H. Chaput and Cara H. Cashon, A constructivist model of infant cognition, Cognitive Development, 17:1323–1343, 2002 [pdf from ResearchGate]
- Between MDPs and semi-MDPs: A framework for temporal abstraction in reinforcement learning, In Artificial Intelligence, 112:181–211, 1999. [pdf from the University of Alberta]
- Patti Maes, How to do the right thing, Connection Science Journal, 1:291-323, 1989. [pdf from Citeseer]
- Rodney A. Brooks, A Robust Layered Control System for a Mobile Robot, IEEE Journal of Robotics and Automation, 2(1):14-23, 1986. [pdf of MIT AI Memo 864]
- Joaquin M. Fuster, Cortex and mind: Unifying cognition, Oxford University Press, 2003. [pdf from ResearcgGate]
- Richard S. Sutton and Andrew G. Barto, Reinforcement learning: An introduction, MIT Press, 1998. [pdf of unfinished 2nd edition]
- G. L. Drescher, Made-up minds, MIT Press, 1991 [pdf of MIT dissertation] - An actual constructivist architecture.